Skip to content
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus with Tomato Spiced Jam
- 12-14 each spears fresh Asparagus, medium size best, pre blanched and shocked.
- 14 each Bacon, sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Blanch asparagus for 1 minute in hot salted boiling water.
- Move and place in ice bath to stop the cooking; shocking is the culinary terminology.
- Drain and dry before wrapping.
- Now wrap tight around 3 each asparagus as 1 bundle.
- Season with fresh cracked black pepper.
- Place in oven for 8-10 minutes or until bacon is fully cooked.
Tomato Spiced Jam:
- 6 oz canned ripe tomatoes
- ½ cup onions, caramelized
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon sambal chili paste
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- ½-1 TBL Upcountry Chile’ Pepper salt, MSC
- In a sauce pan, heat oil and cook garlic for 1-2 minutes on medium high heat.
- Then add the rest of ingredients and cook on medium low heat for 20-25 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken by reducing to the right consistency.
- Stir to avoid scorching.
- Reserve warm for plate up.