Skip to content
Roast Turkey n Chicken Jook
- ½ lb. left over roast turkey meat, pulled and chopped
- ½ lb. left over roast chicken meat, pulled and chopped
- ¼ cup Onions, small diced
- ¼ cup Celery, small diced
- ¼ cup Carrot, small diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated fine
- 3 qts turkey, chicken stock, from leftover bones
- 3 cups cooked rice, leftover
- 1 each Bay leaf, cracked
- 1 tablespoon Granulated onion, dry spice
- ½ tablespoon Garlic, granulated
- 1 -2 Hawaiian green chili pepper, minced
- ¼ cup Green onion, sliced thin
- 5-6 each Cilantro, picked leaves for garnish
- ½ tablespoon Fried garlic, garnish per serving
- 2 tablespoon Butter, whole unsalted
- 1 cup Turkey n chicken skin, fried krispy for garnish (optional)
- 1-1.5 TBL IMU smoke salt, MSC (to taste)
- In a large stock pot add butter and garlic and cook for 2 minutes over medium high heat stirring to avoid burning.
- Add your vegetables, onions, celery, carrot and ginger. Cook for 2-3minutes until vegetables stat to sweat.
- Then add your stock, turkey, chicken, granulated onion garlic and light Everyday Manele blend.
- Bring to a light simmer then add your rice. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until rice starts to break down and thicken “Jook”.
- Lower your heat to medium low and Stir frequently to avoid scorching the bottom of pot. Jook should be nice and thick like stew but not dry.
- Adjust seasoning, add more stock if need to control consistency, I like my jook creamy and more towards the soupy side.
- Serve hot, garnish right before serving. Serves 3-4 hungry holiday guest that wants a comforting dish.
- Pair it with a light white wine or a hot holiday tea.