“Uala n Kokonut Smash” with Caramelized Maui Onions
- 1# Molokai or Okinawan sweet potato, peeled and diced large
- 1 cup coconut milk, canned is okay
- 1 cup organic milk
- 2 tablespoon granulated onion
- ¼ cup onions, caramelized ahead of time
- 1-1.5 TBL Everyday Manele Blend, ground MSC
- Water, to cover raw potatoes in pot
- In a medium sauce pot, place potatoes, covered with water and place on medium high heat until comes to a soft boil. Cook potatoes until cook through or fork tender (18-20 minutes). Do not cover cook potatoes.
- While that is cooking, place coconut milk, milk and butter in a sauce pot and heat until butter is melted.
- Strain potatoes from liquid and add milk mixture with light seasoning.
- Add caramelized onion and mash until mixture is evenly mixed.
- Adjust seasoning with Everyday Manele blend.
- Serve warm, this is a great side dish if you have extra sweet potatoes. I serve this with a chilled glass of ice tea or your favorite homemade cider.
- Serves 2-3 guest as a side.